What Personally Identifiable Information is Collected
Individuals who sign up to receive Connective Texts voluntarily provide us with contact (such as name and phone number), location (such as zip code) and needs (such as rent or food) information.
How Your Information May Be Used
We use your personal information to provide you with personalized resources and services, to send text alerts to you, and to answer your questions. You may choose to opt out at any time, which will cease all communications from us. We may also use your information to track visitors of our website. This lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties.
Connective uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer www.connectivetx.org and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic.
www.connectivetx.org uses “cookie” messages to automatically help provide better services. They remind us who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before. The “cookie” is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our website. Cookies let us take you to the information and features you’re particularly interested in. They also let us track your usage of www.connectivetx.org, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or cancel them by instructing your Web browser accordingly.
Contact Information Privacy
Connective does not provide, sell, or rent contact information to anyone outside Connective.
www.connectivetx.org includes links to external websites. These links do not fall under the www.connectivetx.org domain, and Connective is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites. Your use of any linked website is solely at your own risk.
Connective Texts Terms of Service
- Connective Texts a text service connecting those who opt-in with high quality, free resources in the Greater Houston area. Resources shared in these texts range from food distributions, to rent payment assistance, utility assistance, legal support, and more. We share information for all types of Houston-area residents, regardless of immigration status.
- When you opt-in to Connective Texts, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup.
- You can cancel Connective Texts at any time. Just text “STOP”. After you send the message “STOP” to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up like you did the first time, and we will start sending messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP”. After you send the message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. You can also get help at [email protected] call our toll-free line at (844) 989-3216. We can deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers:
- Major Carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile
- Minor Carriers: U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation),Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless)
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, Message and Data Rates May Apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to [email protected].
- Connective provides hyperlinks to other websites that are not under the control of Connective. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. These links are not intended as an endorsement by Connective of the information contained on these websites or of the individual(s) operating these website(s). Connective cannot and does not guarantee that links to resources provided by Connective to you will result in the provision of any goods or services by other organizations.